STUDY THE BOOK OF PROVERBS
“LET THE WORD MAKE YOU WISER IN 2019, COME TO BIBLE STUDY!”
We start 2019, with a brief lesson on wisdom from the Book of Proverbs. Our prayer that all of us will be wiser in 2019 through the study of God’s holy word; the Bible
Please read the Book of Proverbs and answer the following questions:
1. What does the word Proverb mean?
2. Who do you think wrote the Book of Proverbs and did they write the entire book?
3. In which verse in Chapter 1 do we find the theme of the Book of Proverbs?
4. What are the five purposes of the Book of Proverbs and where do you see them in Proverbs?
5. Which verses in Proverbs 1:8-20 teach our teens the following lessons:
a. Obey your parents?
b. Avoid bad company?
c. Seek Wisdom?
6. Some of the best lessons for young leaders and especially young Christian leaders are found in Proverbs 3:1-12. The best-known verses in Chapter 3 are 5 and 6 but unfortunately these verses are at times quoted out of context. What do you think is the proper context for Proverbs 3:5-6 and what do these verses mean to you?
7. The Book of Proverbs is about human conduct and character. Where in Chapters 1 thru 9 do you find the major warnings to young men to avoid adultery, laziness and foolishness?
8. Where in Proverbs Chapter 6 do you find the seven things God hates?
9. Which verse in Proverbs Chapter 22 talks about the value of a good name and reputation?
10. What is the best-known verse in Proverbs Chapter 22 and what does it mean to you?
11. Which verses in Chapters 26 and 27 warn us not to boast about ourselves or become wise in
our own eyes?
12. Who was King Lemuel and which famous chapter in Proverbs did he write?
13. What kind of man did King Lemuel’s mother challenge him to be that is almost never taught or preached from Chapter 31?
14. What is the well-known title of poem that King Lemuel said he got from his mother? What kind of special woman was King Lemuel writing about here?