THE BOOK OF REVELATION
On March 5, 2014, we continue our study of the Book of Revelation. Our goal in the study of this book is to learn not to fear Revelation but to understand it better than ever and in some cases for the first time. This is a beautiful and mysterious book but it is not as deep as many have made us think. Let’s continue this journey of wonder and excitement!
Here in Week Ten of 2014, we will study Revelation Chapters 8 and 9, which includes the breaking of the Seventh Seal on the Scroll and the seven angels and seven trumpets! These chapters contain vivid and dramatic visions and images that we will see more often in this book. Please read Chapters 8 and 9 and answer these questions:
1. What happened when the Seventh Seal was opened?
2. Where in the Old Testament do you find Scripture about silence in heaven?
3. What do you think is the meaning of the angel with the golden censer?
4. Where in the Old Testament do you find the use of seven trumpets?
5. What question from Chapter 6 is answered in Chapter 8?
6. What happened after the first angel blew his trumpet and what do you think these images mean?
7. What happened after the second angel blew his trumpet and what do you think these images mean?
8. What happened after the third angel blew his trumpet and what do you think these images mean?
9. What happened after the fourth angel blew his trumpet and what do you think these images mean?
10. What do you think the eagle symbolizes in Chapter 8 verse 13?
11. What does the word Woe mean in the Bible and what does it mean in Verse 13?
12. What happens after the fifth angel blew his trumpet in the beginning of Chapter 9?
13. What does the star in Verse 10 symbolize to you?
14. What do you think the word Abyss means in the Bible and where do you find it used in the Old Testament?
15. Which of the 10 plagues that hit Egypt in the Old Testament is John referring to with the locusts in Chapter 9?
16. Where can you find some of the strange descriptions of the locusts in the Old Testament book of Joel?
17. Can you identify the three divine directives that the locusts were given in Chapter 9?
18. Do you see in Chapter 9 the second and third woe announced by the eagle in Chapter 8:13?
19. Name the 3 plagues that killed a third of mankind as referred to in Chapter 9:18?
20. Can you name the sins from which mankind were given another chance to repent from at the end of Chapter 9?
PLEASE READ REVELATION CHAPTER 10 & 11 FOR WEDNESDAY, MARCH 12, 2014