READING THE BIBLE IN 52 WEEKS
2 CHRONICLES CHAPTERS 1-36
Please read prayerfully and carefully 2 Chronicles Chapters 1-36 and answer these questions that we will discuss in our session on Wednesday:
1. In 2 Chronicles 1:7-12 God comes to King Solomon in a dream to grant Solomon’s request for wisdom. Where in 1 Kings do we find this same story?
2. In what city and on which mountain did King Solomon build the temple?
3. Shekinah Glory means the very presence of God. Where in 2 Chronicles do you see the evidence of Shekinah Glory and why do you think it showed up there?
4. What did King Solomon remind the LORD about during his prayer of dedication?
5. After Solomon’s prayer of dedication we find one of the best-known passages of Scripture in the entire Bible. What is that well-known passage? How is this popular Scripture different in its context than you may have thought before now?
6. What do you think God meant by the phrase “If my people, who are called by name” from 2 Chronicles 7:14?
7. What were some of King Solomon’s greatest failures that are not even mentioned in 2 Chronicles?
8. How long did King Solomon serve as king?
9. Which of King Solomon’s sons followed Solomon as king? How did this son show that he did not have the wisdom and discernment of his father Solomon?
10. Who was Shemaiah and what did God tell him to tell the king of Judah?
11. Who was Shishak and what did he do to Jerusalem and the temple?
12. Who were Abijah and Jeroboam and what happened between them?
13. The next king of Judah was Asa. How was he different from his father Abijah?
14. What did God tell the prophet Azariah to prophesy to King Asa? What did Asa do after he received the prophesy of Azariah? What did Asa do to his grandmother?
15. What kind of king was Jehoshaphat after he followed his father Asa?
16. Why do you think Jehoshaphat’s alliance with Ahab the king of Israel was a bad idea and led to problems for Judah?
17. How do Jehoshaphat’s actions and words in Chapter 19 remind us that God is the “God of justice”?
18. In Chapter 20, we find one of the greatest prophesies in the entire Bible when the Holy Spirit from the prophet Jahaziel to Jehoshaphat. Who is the popular gospel singer who made an awesome song from this passage? What was the title of that song?
19. Who became kings from Jehoshaphat to Hezekiah? What kind of kings were they?
20. How did Hezekiah break the generational curse that followed most the kings of Judah? What were some of Hezekiah’s greatest achievements?
21. How was King Hezekiah’s sickness recorded differently in 2 Chronicles than in 2 Kings 20:1-11?
22. The next great king of Judah was Hezekiah’s grandson Josiah. How old was Josiah when he became king of Judah?
23. What was the great discovery during King Josiah’s reign that many of our young people could discover in church today? How did this discovery help Josiah then and could help our young people (and older members) now?
24. Who was King Nebuchadnezzar and what did he do to Jerusalem?
PLEASE READ EZRA AND NEHEMIAH FOR JUNE 28, 2017