THE BOOK OF GENESIS
On September 23, 2015, in Week 39, we continue our study of the first book in the Bible: Genesis. Please read Genesis Chapters 41 and 42 and answer these questions:
1. How long was Joseph left in prison after the chief cupbearer got out of the same prison?
2. How many dreams did Pharaoh have and what were they about?
3. Why do you think the Pharaoh’s magicians and wise men could not interpret his dreams?
4. How is the awesomeness of God’s timing evident in the chief cupbearer’s words in Genesis 41:9-13?
Can you think of a time that God’s timing was so much better than yours?
5. Why is Joseph finally released from prison? Does Joseph’s release say anything to you about
being faithful in times of trouble?
6. How do the words of Joseph in Genesis 41:16 serve as a sermon text and a powerful reminder?
7. What did Joseph say Pharaoh’s dreams meant? Could you have interpreted them before reading what Joseph had to say?
8. How do the words of Joseph in Genesis 41:33-36, show his great wisdom?
9. Have you ever presented such a great idea at work or church and you were put in charge of
10. Have you ever recommended that someone be found or hired to do something important without
first thinking you should be the one to do it?
11. What job did the Pharaoh give Joseph? Was Joseph given the job as a reward or because of the
12. What was the name that the Pharaoh gave Joseph and what did it mean?
13. How old was Joseph when he was put in charge of all of Egypt?
14. What is the teachable moment in the first Joseph thing did after his new appointment?
15. What was Joseph’s new wife’s name?
16. What did he name his two sons and what did their names mean?
17. Did all of Joseph’s predictions from Pharaoh’s dreams come true?
18. What was Joseph’s brilliant plan? Did he successfully implement it? What lesson does it teach?
PLEASE READ GENESIS CHAPTERS 42-43 FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2015