“THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT”
Gifts of Faith and Healing
Wednesday, September 28, 2016, we continue our study of the “Gifts of the Holy Spirit.” Please read 1 CORINTHIANS 12:8-10, 27-30; Romans 12:6-8; Ephesians 4:11-12 and 1 Peter 4:10-11. Bring your completed Gifts Table with you and your answers to these questions:
1. According to 1 Corinthians 12:7, what is the purpose of each spiritual gift?
2. In 1 Corinthians 12:9, the gift of faith is presented. How would you define the spiritual gift of faith?
3. Do you think the spiritual gift of faith was the trust in Jesus when we first became Christians? Which answer(s) below do you believe and explain why?
b. No, the true spiritual gift of faith is even greater than that early faith in Christ.
c. Not really because for those who have this gift, it is a faith that believes in the unseen and even believes the unbelievable.
d. None of the above. I believe it is the kind of faith that… (fill in your answer)
4. What are some New Testament Scriptures about some believers in the Bible who had the gift of faith?
5. What are some examples of the gift of faith today and do you know someone with the gift of faith?
6. In 1 Corinthians 12:9, the gift of healing is also presented. How would you define the spiritual gift of healing?
7. Have you ever seen anyone use the gift of healing and what are some New Testament examples of believers using the gift of healing?
8. Have you ever used the gift of healing?
9. Is there a difference between praying for healing and having the gift of healing? If yes what are the differences?
10. Can the spiritual gift of healing be used on demand or for a fee?