READING THE BIBLE IN 52 WEEKS
PSALMS 120-150 BOOK 5
Please read prayerfully and carefully Psalms 107 thru 150 and answer the following questions that we will discuss on this Wednesday:
1. Which Psalm is the longest in the Bible and which is the shortest and how many verses in each?
2. Psalm 107:2 says “Let the redeemed of the Lord say so”; who are the redeemed?
3. Who wrote Psalm 108 and how do you know?
4. What kind of Psalm is Psalm 110
5. What kind of Psalm is Psalm 112
6. What is the subject for Psalm 114?
7. In Psalm 115:9 in whom should Israel put their trust and what does Proverbs 3:5 say to do?
8. For what reason is the psalmist praising God in Psalm 116:1? Fill in the blank for your own life. “I love the Lord because_________.”
9. According to Psalm 118, what should be said by Israel, the house of Aaron, and them that fear the Lord?
10. My favorite verses in Psalm 119 are vs. 11 “thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee” and vs. 105 “thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path”. Which verse or verses in this Psalm speak to you?
11. What is the name for the group of Psalms 120-134 and how many were written by David?
12. How many people are talking in Psalm 121? What popular song by Donald Lawrence comes from Psalm 121 in the NIV?
13. What part of our worship service at Charity comes from Psalms 122 every Sunday?
14. Who wrote Psalm 122?
15. What well known Gospel song comes from 124 and who wrote it?
16. Psalm 127 is a very well-known Psalm that Christians have used often at dedications of new homes. Who wrote Psalm 127 and which house was he talking about in Verse 1?
17. What kind of Psalm is Psalm 128?
18. Who is the “anointed one” that the pilgrims asked God not to reject in Psalm 132:10?
19. What was the meaning of the oil pouring down Aaron’s beard in Psalm 133?
20. Where in Psalm 134 do you find the words from the popular song “We Lift Our Hands in the Sanctuary” by Kurt Carr?
21. Why is Psalm 136 known as the “Great Hallel” and can you name some other Hallel Psalms?
22. Psalm 137 is considered a communal lament and has the beautiful words in Verse 4 “How shall we sing the Lord’s song in a strange land?” What do you think this verse means?
23. Psalms 141-145 are the last Psalms in psaltery from David. Which of these five psalms are prayers from David?
24. Why do you think the five psalms in Psalms 146-150 are called the “Hallelujah Psalms”?
25. How does Psalm 149 support us having praise dancers at Charity?
26. Psalm 150 is the last psalm and gives exciting instructions on how to worship and praise God in the church with instruments and dance. How does this Psalm help us respond to some who say we have too much music or too many instruments in the church?
Now that you have read Book 5 of the Psalms, what are your favorite psalms in this group and why?