THE LIFE, PERSON, TEACHING AND WORK OF JESUS THE CHRIST
WHO IS JESUS THE CHRIST?
Welcome to Bible Study! We are excited now to begin our study of our Savior Jesus Christ. Every Christian should have a good understanding of the life, person, teachings and work of the most important person in the history of the world — Jesus the Christ! What do you know about Jesus? What can you teach others about Him? What did he do and what is he doing today? We will help you answer these and many more questions over the next several weeks. Our questions this week come from the handout from Nelson’s Bible Illustrated Dictionary, Smith’s Bible Dictionary and the Scriptures.
It’s time for you to “meet Jesus again, for the first time!”
- In your own words, tell us who is Jesus Christ?
- What is Jesus’ personal name and what does it mean?
- What is Jesus’ title and what does it mean?
- In the handout Jesus is called the High Priest where does this title come from in the Old Testament?
- What are some of the other names of Jesus the Christ in the Bible and where can we find some of them in Scripture?
- Jesus was born in what town and who was the other great leader born there?
- Tell us why Jesus is called the Nazarene or “Jesus of Nazareth?
- As Mary’s firstborn child, how many younger brothers did Jesus have and who were they?
- How many younger sisters did Jesus have and who were they?
- Jesus shows up as a youth only once in the Bible during his first 30 years. Where is this incident in the Bible? How old was he? What are some lessons from this incident for young people today?