THE LIFE, PERSON, TEACHING AND WORK OF JESUS THE CHRIST
“CHRIST THE DIVINE”
Welcome to this week’s Bible Study! In the study of our Savior Jesus Christ we look now at Jesus Christ the Person. This week we are studying the personhood of Jesus by looking at His divinity. Jesus the Christ was and is divine. His deity is essential to his being our Savior. Without his divinity there would be no Christianity. As Christians we must believe in the deity of Christ. So, let’s look now at “Jesus Christ the Divine.”
You are invited to “meet Jesus again, for the first time!”
- My statement of belief on the person and work of Jesus the Christ in the handout I tell what I believe about Jesus Christ in one paragraph. Can you give your believe about Jesus the Christ in one paragraph?
- Under the Deity of Christ in the handout, I state my belief that Jesus was the Son of God. Where in the Old Testament do you find a well-known text, in a Major Prophet book, the words “Son of God” to describe the pre-incarnate Jesus?
- What is the first New Testament Scripture where Jesus is called the Son of God?
- How would you use Acts 2:36 to explain to a new Christian that the statement Jesus is “the self-revelation of God – God incarnate” is true?
- What does the word incarnation mean in relation to Jesus the Christ as explained in the handout?
- Is there a conflict between what God says about the Sabbath in Exodus 20:8-11 and what Jesus says in Mark 2:27-28 about the Sabbath?
- Where in Hebrews 1 do we find the proof of the divinity of Jesus Christ in his superiority over the angels, Moses, the sacrifices, and high priest?
- Why do you think that Jesus’ Resurrection was the final proof of his divinty?
- What are the Seven I Am sayings of Jesus in the Gospel of John?
- Under the four implications of the Deity of Christ number one comes from John 14:9. Where do the other three come from in the Bible?