READING THE WHOLE BIBLE IN 52 WEEKS –NUMBER 6-25
On February 29, 2012, we will review Numbers Chapters 6-14. Remember: THREE-A-DAY IS THE EASIET WAY! There are 1,189 Chapters in the Bible and to read the whole Bible in 52 Weeks, one must read an average of 3.25 Chapters every day!
In Week eight, we continue looking at the Book of Numbers. In this part of Numbers we find one of the best known benedictions in the Bible and one of best known stories about how to confront giants in our lives. We will also find out why the Israelites were forced to spend 40 years wandering in the desert before going into the Promised Land. This is a great book. Enjoy!
Please read prayerfully and carefully the assigned chapters and answer these questions that we will discuss in our sevent session on Wednesday:
1. What did the name Nazarite mean? What was a Nazarite?
2. Who could be a Nazarite? How long could one be a Nazarite?
3. What three things could not be done by a Nazarite?
4. In which verses do we find the Priestly Blessing?
5. Why was it called the Priestly Blessing?
6. Although the Priestly Blessing was in the Old Testament, it had Old Testament and New Testament meanings. Where do you think was the New Testamentdoctrine and Old Testament symbolism in the Priestly Blessing?
7. In Chapter 7, as they prepared to go from the desert of Sinai to the Promised Land the leaders of the 12 tribes gave offerings (gifts) to the LORD. What wasin each set of gifts given to the LORD from each tribe?
8. Who did God tell Moses to put in charge of the offerings from the 12 tribes?
9. How were the Levites consecrated in Chapter 8?
10. What were the new Passover instructions given in Chapter 9? Why were the new Passover instructions given in Chapter 9?
11. What did the cloud represent in Chapter 9:15-23?
12. What was the purpose of the cloud in Verses 15-23? What is the cloud called today?
13. What signal was devised to alert the Israelites that it was time to move? Whose responsibility was it to give the signal?
14. What was Kadesh Barnea? What did the name Kadesh Barnea mean? Where was Kadesh Barnea?
15. In Chapter 11 the Israelites started to complain. What were they complaining about?
16. How did their complaining remind you of the Pastor Rivers’ sermon “The Lingering Effects of Slavery”?
17. How did Moses respond to the complaints of the Israelites?
18. How did Moses reaction show that even the greatest leaders get tired of ungrateful and complaining members and followers?
19. How did the LORD respond to the complaints of the people?
20. In Chapter 12, we see how even Moses brother and sister turn against him? Why were they upset with Moses?
21. How did God respond to their rebellion against Moses?
22. What kind of wife did Moses choose?
23. Why was Moses choice of a wife so important for African Americans today?
24. What God say about Moses that showed that Moses was the most unique leader God ever selected?
25. Who were the 12 spies in Chapter 13? Why were there just 12?
26. What was the assignment of the 12 spies and who gave them their assignment?
27. Where were the Israelites when the 12 spies were chosen?
28. How far were the Israelites from the Promised Land when the 12 spies were chosen?
29. What did the 12 spies see on their journey? How do you know what they saw?
30. What was the report of the majority of the 12 spies?
31. Was there a “minority report”?
32. Who gave the minority report and what did they report?
33. In Chapter 14, how did the Israelites respond to the reports of the 12 spies?
34. How did the LORD react to the people’s response to the reports of the 12 spies?
35. How did Moses show his amazing love for these people who had turn their backs on him over and over again?
36. In Chapter 14,God finally declared His Judgment against His covenant people. What was the awful Judgment of God against the Israelites?
YOUR HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT WAS WHO WERE:
1. THE SADUCCEES
2. THE PHARISEES
3. WHO ARE THEY TODAY?
START READING NUMBERS CHAPTERS 14 THRU 25 FOR MARCH 7, 2012