“FROM THE GREAT GETTING UP TO THE GREAT COMMISSION”
On April 3, 2013, we conclude our study on the Passion of the Christ with a look at Matthew Chapter 28. In this chapter we see our Savior’s Resurrection, appearances to His disciples, utter corruption of the Sanhedrin and Roman guards and the origin of the “Great Commission.”
Here in week fourteen of 2013, we study Matthew 28, and how Jesus went from preaching about the Gospel (the Good News) to becoming the Kerygma or Good News!
- Who were the women who went to see Jesus on the Sunday morning of his resurrection?
- Why do you think Jesus appeared to the women before he appeared to any of His 11 remaining disciples?
- What miracles of God removed the stone from in front of the tomb?
- What happened to the guards after the women got to the tomb?
- Where was Galilee and, what did its name mean?
- Why do you think Jesus told them to meet Him in Galilee?
- Why did the Sanhedrin pay a bribe to the Roman soldiers who had been guarding the tomb?
- How much money did the Sanhedrin pay the guards?
- What do you think was so illogical about what the Roman guards would say about what happened to Jesus’ body?
- Do you think new members must be baptized to become members of Charity Missionary Baptist Church?
- How would you explain the “Great Commission” to a new church member?
- Do you think there is a conflict between the Great Commission from Jesus and the “Greatest Commandment” from Jesus? Why or why not?
READ LUKE CHAPTER 24, JOHN CHAPTERS 20 & 21, AND 1 CORINTHIANS 15:5-8, TO PREPARE FOR OUR LESSON ON THE POST RESURRECTION APPEARANCES OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS THE CHRIST FOR WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10, 2013.