“THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT”
“Word Of Knowledge”
Wednesday, September 21, 2016, we continue with the “Gifts of the Holy Spirit.”
Please read 1 CORINTHIANS 12:8-10, 27-30; Romans 12:6-8; Ephesians 4:11-12 and 1 Peter 4:10-11. Complete the Gifts Table and answer these questions:
- The Word of Wisdom is the first Spiritual Gift in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10. What is the second Spiritual Gift on that list?
ANSWER: The second Spiritual Gift is the Word of Knowledge.
- How would you define the Spiritual Gift the Word of Knowledge?
ANSWER: “It’s a manifest power gift of the Holy Spirit, distinct from all forms of natural learning in that the word of knowledge involves speaking forth information that has been supernaturally retained or imparted from God to the believer, in the Spirit.”
“It is NOT ESP, telepathy, psychic readings, mental illness, or acquired via natural sources.”
Rohrer, Susan (2014-11-14). THE HOLY SPIRIT – Spiritual Gifts: Amazing Power for Everyday People (Illuminated Bible Study Guides Series) (pgs. 113-114).
This Gift has two important characteristics. It must be supernatural in that it can only come from the mind of God. This Gift must be used for the up-building of the church. It is called the Word of Knowledge not the Gift of Knowledge. It is not a spiritual if the believer just knows or has it as information. It is only a gift when it is spoken. That’s why it is called the Utterance of Knowledge or Word of Knowledge. An example would be through prayer, reading the scripture or hearing preaching and then being moved to say something that ONLY God could know about and he also tells you!
- Do you know anyone who has the Word of Knowledge Spiritual Gift?
ANSWER: Dr. Frederick Haynes, III. Little Sis. Arya Glover
- What are the Spiritual Gifts in 1 CORINTHIANS 27-30 and which ones do you have?
speaking in unknown languages.
interpreting unknown languages
My gifts on this list are: teacher, helping others and leadership
- What are the Spiritual Gifts in Romans 12:6-8 and which ones do you have?
I believe my gifts on this list are: Prophesy (as in proclaiming His word);
Serving; Teaching; Encouraging; Giving; and Leadership.
- What are the Spiritual Gifts in Ephesians 4:11-12 and which ones do you have?
I believe my gifts from the Ephesians 4:11 are Prophet, Pastor and Teacher.
- What are the Spiritual Gifts in 1 Peter 4:10-11 and which ones do you have?
ANSWER: Speaking and Helping
I believe I have both speaking and helping.