THE CHRISTIAN BASICS:
“STEWARDSHIP IS ABOUT MORE THAN MONEY!”
“LET THE WORD MAKE YOU WISER IN 2019, COME TO BIBLE STUDY!”
In Bible Study this Wednesday, February 6, 2019, we will look at Stewardship. Please come prepared to answer the following questions:
1. How does the dictionary define a steward?
2. Based on your dictionary definition how would you describe the Christian steward?
3. Please explain your understanding of each of these three dimensions of stewardship:
a. God owns all.
b. The Christian owes all.
c. Christ expects all.
4. Name two places in the Bible where mankind is commanded to be God’s stewards?
5. Can you find three places in the Bible that show mankind’s responsibility as God’s stewards?
6. How would you explain the trilogy of stewardship:
7. What does the word tithe mean?
8. Where is the first mention of tithing in the Bible?
9. Which Old Testament Scripture do we use at Charity to show God’s command for us to give our tithe?
10. Have you or another Christian you know, who are not tithers, said they did not tithe because
“it was an Old Testament requirement”?
11. After you read Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42, how would you explain to non-tithing Christians what Jesus said in support of tithing?
12. Can one be a disciple of Jesus and refuse to tithe? Can you explain what Jesus meant in Matthew 5:17-20 about tithing and the other laws of Moses?
13. Are we supposed to give our tithes from our gross pay or our net?
14. Do you have any testimony about how your circumstances improved after you started tithing?
15. Where in the Bible do you find the well-known phrase that “God loves a cheerful giver?
16. Are you a cheerful giver and steward?
On Wednesday, February 13, 2019, we study “IN THE BEGINNING, WE WERE THERE!’