GOD’S FAITHFULNESS AND OUR HEART’S DESIRE
CMBC Bible Study
1 SAMUEL 1:1 – 2:11
1. What caused Hannah so much distress and do women today have this same dilemma that makes them desperate?
2. What was Hannah’s Heart’s Desire and what did she promise God if He granted her prayer?
3. Can you explain how Hannah’s prayer and promise to God is the model for why Pastor Rivers does NOT Christen babies but rather only dedicates them?
4. Can you tell of time when you prayed to God to answer your heart’s deepest desire and God did not answer at first?
5. Has anyone ever made ugly remarks about your prayers or your worship style? And how did you respond?
6. How does God’s answer to Hannah’s prayer show His faithfulness?
7. How does the story of Hannah show us how to handle disappointment and discouragement, even from family and friends?
8. Can you describe a time when God answered your prayer and gave you your heart’s desire as a big surprise?
9. How can you use God’s faithfulness to Hannah to show a non-believer or weak believer that God will exceed your requests?
10. In which verses do we see Hannah’s “prayer of praise” and how can praising in one’s prayer help you, today?