CHARITY MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH
QUESTIONS FOR BIBLE STUDY – JANUARY 20, 2010
KERNELS OF OUR FAITH, PART II
Please read the handout CHAPTER X, KERNELS OF OUR FAITH – PART II and then answer the following questions and bring them to our next Bible Study.
1. Why do we call Man a sinner?
2. What does the word sin mean in basic Hebrew and Greek words?
3. What is the basis of sin?
4. In which Scripture do we find the fall of man?
5. Can man save himself from sin?
6. What does the term “human depravity” mean in describing man’s sinful nature?
7. What are three things included in salvation?
8. What are some examples in Scripture of what salvation means in the Bible?
9. What is God’s Plan of Salvation?
10. What is sanctification?
11. As Baptists, what do we believe about Baptism?
12. What is the symbolism of Baptism?
13. Why do we believe that Baptism must include immersion?
14. Why do we reject infant baptism?
15. What is the Lord’s Supper?
16. How many ordinances do we have in the Baptist church?
17. What does the Lord’s Supper symbolize?
18. What is the connection between the Lord’s Supper and Passover?
19. What are the “elements” of the Lord’s Supper?
20. What are four ways we can participate in the Lord’s Supper “unworthily”?
21. What do we believe about Faith and Works?
22. Why do we believe that faith is essential?
23. What three things do we believe about the Christian hope?
24. What do we believe about the Resurrection of Jesus the Christ?
25. What two things does the Bible teach us about the Resurrection?