CHARITY BAPTIST BIBLE STUDY ASSIGNMENT EXODUS 35
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Startup: If you were asked to design a church building, what goals and guidelines and principles would you follow?
SEEING WHAT’S THERE
1. Why do you think Moses reminds the people again about the Sabbath at this time?
2. Where in Exodus Chapter 25 does Moses tell the people that God wanted willing givers to bring offerings to help build the tabernacle?
3. Where in the New Testament do we find Scripture that says God loves a cheerful giver?
4. Who did the offering belong to?
5. Why do you think Moses assembled the whole Israelite community to tell them God’s instructions for building the tabernacle?
6. What specific commands from God does Moses pass along to the people in the first half of this chapter?
7. What was added in Verse 22 to the list of gold …, silver and bronze that also was listed in Chapter 25:3?
8. Who were the two leaders that the Holy Spirit gave wisdom and ability to lead the building effort?
9. Since these two leader s did not do all the work themselves, what they do
with other s to get help in building the tabernacle?
CAPTURE THE ESSENCE
10. How would you explain the people’s positive response to these commands, especially in light of their weaknesses and sinful tendencies that are so evident in other chapters of this book?
11. Where do we see in this chapter that God did not want a cheap tabernacle but one that was worthy of His Glory?
FOR LIFE TODAY
12. What would you say are the most useful and important lessons to learn from the example of the Israelites in verses 20-29?
(from The Complete Bible Discussion Guide: New Testament, © 1993 by Questar Publishers, Inc. All rights reserved.) And Rev. Nelson B. Rivers, III, Pastor