CHARITY BIBLE STUDY ASSIGNMENT EXODUS 36
WEDNESDAY, MAY 26, 2010
SEEING WHAT’S THERE
1. In verse 1, where did Bezalel and Oholiab get their skill and ability?
2. What common attitude did Bezalel, Oholiab and other skilled workers have?
3. To whom did God give the vision to call Bezalel, Oholiab and other workers to do the work of building the tabernacle?
4. EYE FOR DETAIL — From what you recall seeing in Chapter 35, try answering the following question without looking in your Bible: What did Moses say God had given to Bezalel? (See 35:30-31)
5. What was a cubit and what did it equal in inches?
6. What was the size of the curtain, in feet, in verse 9?
CAPTURE THE ESSENCE
7. Suppose that at the end of this chapter, Moses added this line: “If you remember only one thing from this chapter, let it be this:…” How do you think he would complete that sentence?
8. What surprising thing did the people do that made Moses change his commands?
9. How often did the people bring their offerings to Moses?
10. Why do you think Moses is not mentioned as much in this chapter?
11. Which verses show that Israel had a “generous heart” and a “willing spirit?”
12. How does the overflow giving of the people in 36:5-7 prove what God said in Malachi 3:10?
FOR LIFE TODAY
13. From what you see in Chapter 35 and 36, what could we do today to get more willing givers to bring offerings to build God’s house?
14. How can building a beautiful church, like the beautiful tabernacle in Chapter 36, inspire the community, today?