CHARITY BIBLE STUDY ASSIGNMENT
WEDNESDAY, JULY 7, 2010
Startup: Picture yourself being present in the situation described in verses 12-16. Using your imagination, talk about the kinds of sights, smells, sounds, and feelings you might experience.
SEEING WHAT’S THERE
1.Who are the people playing an important part in this chapter?
2. Here in Acts, a book of action, what are the most important actions you see in this chapter?
3. Acts is a book not only of many actions, but also many reactions. What happenings in this chapter could definitely be called reactions, and what is each one a reaction to?
4. EYE FOR DETAIL— From what you recall seeing in this chapter, try answering the following question without looking at your Bible: In this chapter, what place is mentioned as the meeting place of the believers? (See verse 12.)
CAPTURE THE ESSENCE
5. In your own words, how would you summarize the victory the church achieved in this chapter, through the power of the Holy Spirit? How was it strategically important for the continued growth of the church?
FOR LIFE TODAY
6. In chapter 5, what appropriate patterns and principles do you see for evangelism in the church today?
7. Also in this chapter, what appropriate patterns and principles do you see for leadership in the church today?
8. ACTION HERITAGE: What act or attitude of obedience in this chapter is the most meaningful example to you of what it means to follow Christ, through the power of the Holy Spirit?
FOR GOING DEEPER
9. Consider the Pharisee Gamaliel’s remarkable words in verses 38-39 in light of Paul’s declaration in Acts 22:3. When you realize who was most likely Gamaliel’s most prized pupil at that time, what do you find ironic about his warning?
From The Complete Bible Discussion Guide: New Testament, © 1992 by Questar Publishers, Inc. All rights reserved.)