CHARITY BIBLE STUDY ASSIGNMENT
AUGUST 18, 2010
STARTUP: When you get to heaven, and you meet Cornelius, what’s the first question you’d like to ask him?
SEEING WHAT’S THERE
1. Who are the people playing an important part in this chapter?
2. Once again, take a “walk” together through the incidents that happen in this chapter. Using your imagination, talk about the kinds of sights, smells, sounds, and feelings you might experience.
3. EYE FOR DETAIL—From what you recall seeing in this chapter, try answering the following question without looking at your Bible: What was the name of the military unit in which Cornelius served? (See verse 1.)
CAPTURE THE ESSENCE
4. From what you see in this chapter, how would you describe Peter’s relationship with God?
5. From what you see in this chapter, how would you describe Cornelius’s relationship with God?
FOR LIFE TODAY
6. In chapter 10, what appropriate patterns and principles do you see for evangelism in the church today?
7. ACTION HERITAGE: What act or attitude of obedience in this chapter is the most meaningful example to you of what it means to follow Christ, through the power of the Holy Spirit?
8. FOR GOING DEEPER
In what way did the occurrence in verses 44-46 provide Peter with the irrefutable “ammunition” he needed when we went before a somewhat skeptical Jerusalem church council in Acts 11:15-18?
(from The Complete Bible Discussion Guide: New Testament, © 1992 by Questar Publishers, Inc. All rights reserved.)