CHARITY BIBLE STUDY ASSIGNMENT
AUGUST 25, 2010
1. Startup: Notice the criticism directed at Peter in verses 2-3. When’s the last time you’ve heard criticism to this degree in your church?
SEEING WHAT’S THERE
2. Who are the people playing an important part in this chapter, and what do they do?
3. EYE FOR DETAIL—From what you recall seeing in this chapter, try answering the following question without looking at your Bible: Who was the Roman emperor at the time of the worldwide famine which the prophet Agabus predicted? (See verse 28.)
CAPTURE THE ESSENCE
4. In your own words, how would you summarize the victory the church achieved in this chapter, through the power of the Holy Spirit? How was it strategically important for the continued growth of the church?
5. What impresses you most in the description of Barnabas in verses 23-24?
FOR LIFE TODAY
6. In chapter 11, what appropriate patterns and principles do you see for leadership in the church today?
7. ACTION HERITAGE: What act or attitude of obedience in this chapter is the most meaningful example to you of following Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit?
8. FOR GOING DEEPER
Take a moment to note the progression from verse 21 through verse 29. How, in God’s providence, did the spiritual ministry of the church in Jerusalem end up as ministry to themselves? How do Paul’s words in 2 Cor 9:6 help explain this phenomenon?