CHARITY MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH
BIBLE STUDY ASSIGNMENT
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2010
1. Startup: Picture yourself being present in the situation described in verses 10-14. In light of your own personality, what thoughts or questions would be in your mind after you heard both Agabus and Paul speak?
SEEING WHAT’S THERE
2. Who are the people playing an important part in this chapter?
3. How would you summarize the action in this chapter?
4. EYE FOR DETAIL—From what you recall seeing in this chapter, try answering the following question without looking at your Bible: What was the name of the prophet who tied his hands and feet with Paul’s belt? (See verses 10-11.)
CAPTURE THE ESSENCE
5. Look again at verse 4, then discuss whether or not you believe it was wrong for Paul to have proceeded on to Jerusalem.
FOR LIFE TODAY
6. What principles for finding guidance from God do you see in Paul’s experience in this chapter?
7. ACTION HERITAGE: What act or attitude of obedience in this chapter is the most meaningful example to you of following Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit?
FOR GOING DEEPER
8. The gift of prophecy was exercised by both women and men. Philip’s four daughters were part of an elite company of distinguished female prophets. Look up the following Scriptures for a mural of those who prophesied before them—Ex 15:20; Judg 4:4; 2 Kings 22:14; Neh 6:14, and Luke 2:36-38.
(from The Complete Bible Discussion Guide: New Testament, © 1992 by Questar Publishers, Inc. All rights reserved.)