CHARITY MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH
BIBLE STUDY ASSIGNMENT – WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2010
Startup: When you get to heaven, and you meet Paul’s nephew, what’s the first question you’d like to ask him?
SEEING WHAT’S THERE
1. Who are the people playing an important part in this chapter?
2. How would you summarize the action in this chapter?
3. Which important details in this chapter do you think might be the easiest to overlook?
4. EYE FOR DETAIL—From what you recall seeing in this chapter, try answering the following question without looking at your Bible: What was the name of the Roman commander who sent Paul with a mounted guard to appear before Governor Felix in Caesarea? (See verse 26.)
CAPTURE THE ESSENCE
5. How would you summarize the victory the church achieved in this chapter, through the power of the Holy Spirit? How was it strategically important for the continued growth of the church?
FOR LIFE TODAY
6. What do you like most about Paul’s example in this chapter?
7. ACTION HERITAGE: What act or attitude of obedience in this chapter is the most meaningful example to you of following Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit?
FOR GOING DEEPER
8. How does Deut 19:15-19 expand your understanding of Paul’s sharp exchange with Ananias in verses 1-3?
(from The Complete Bible Discussion Guide: New Testament, © 1992 by Questar Publishers, Inc. All rights reserved.)