CHARITY MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH
BIBLE STUDY ASSIGNMENT
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2010
1. Startup: Picture yourself as one of the sailors on the ship in this chapter. In light of your own personality, what thoughts or questions would be in your mind after you heard Paul’s words in verses 21-26?
SEEING WHAT’S THERE
2. Who are the people playing an important part in this chapter?
3. Imagine again you were helping to produce a film based on the book of Acts. To film the events recorded in chapter 27, summarize all the scenes to be included, and mention also any special kinds of scenery, background music, lighting effects, etc., that you would use to meaningfully portray the action.
4. EYE FOR DETAIL—From what you recall seeing in this chapter, try answering the following question without looking at your Bible: How many people were on board the ship that was wrecked? (See verse 37.)
CAPTURE THE ESSENCE
5. Look closely at verse 24. What fears do you think Paul might have been experiencing?
FOR LIFE TODAY
6. In chapter 27, what appropriate patterns and principles do you see for evangelism in the church today?
7. ACTION HERITAGE: What act or attitude of obedience in this chapter is the most meaningful example to you of following Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit?
FOR GOING DEEPER
8. Compare verses 13-44 with the “sea storm song” in Ps 107:23-32. Using these two passages, what encouragement could you offer to Christians enduring frightening storms in their lives?
(from The Complete Bible Discussion Guide: New Testament, © 1992 by Questar Publishers, Inc. All rights reserved.)