“THE POLITICS OF JESUS”
READ MARK 5:1-13
Last week, in our third lesson on the “Politics of Jesus,” we looked at the third
political strategy of Jesus: Strategy Three: “Expose the Workings of
Oppression.” This week we look at Strategy Four: “Call the Demon by Name!”
Please read Mark 5:1-13 “A Demon Possessed Man- Healed.” Do you see how
Jesus and the demon possessed man called the demon by name?
Please answer these seven (7) questions, after you read the scripture:
- What is an exorcism?
- Which of these do you think the demon possessed man represents?
a. a man/person
b. the nation of Israel
- Why do you think Jesus asked the demon his name directly?
- What do you think were the conditions that caused this demon possessed
man to live in the cemetery and cut himself and constantly do self-harm?
- What does the name Legion mean this story?
- What do you think the 2,000 pigs represent and why did Jesus send the
unclean spirit in to them?
- Since Jesus freed the man from his demon possession, why do you think the
people responded as they did in Mark 5:17?